Reposted from the Mavuno blog – mavuno.wordpress.com
Posted in Uncategorized on January 17, 2010 by mavunite
1. The Performance Trap – I must meet certain standards in order to feel good about myself
2. Approval Addiction – I must be approved by certain others to feel good about myself
3. The Blame Game – Those who fail are unworthy of love and deserve to be punished
4. The Shame Game – I am what I am; I cannot change; I am helpless
Overcoming The Lie: See yourself as God sees you!
1. Identify The Lie – Psa.139:23
2. Replace The Lie – Eph.6:17
3. Expose The Lie (through confession) – James 5:16
Dear heavenly Father, I know that You desire truth in my inmost self and that facing this truth will set me free (John 8:32). I acknowledge that I have been deceived by the father of lies (John 8:44). I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that You, dear Father, will rebuke all deceiving spirits that have distorted my view of myself and of You. And since by faith I have received You into my life and am now seated with Christ in the heavenly places (Eph.2:6), I command all deceiving spirits to depart from me. I now ask the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth (John 16:3). I ask You this week to “search me, O God , and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way” (Psalm 139:23,24). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.